We want you to be happy with the artwork you have purchased from us. If you are not satisfied with a piece you have purchased, you can return it to us if you notify Art Project A within 10 days of the original ship date, and return it to us within 18 days of the original ship date. Excluded from this return policy are all sale or clearance items and custom orders, as these are considered to be final purchases. Returned artwork must be received by Art Project A in the condition in which you received it from us — unaltered, undamaged and un-installed. The items must arrive in the original packaging. Artwork not received in original condition will not be accepted for return. Make sure you keep all shipping cartons and packing materials in the event that you need to return an item. This may also apply to damaged and/or defective items.
STEPS TO FOLLOW WHEN YOU ARE RETURNING AN ITEM:
- Email or call (during the store hours) Art Project A and we will give you a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA) before you do anything else. We cannot accept returns without an RMA. We will confirm to you the shipping address you must use for the return.
- Use the original packing materials to package the item. All artwork is delicate and must be carefully wrapped and protected. If a piece is returned to us damaged in anyway, we will not be able to accept it for return. Be sure to include everything you received with the artwork, including the certificate of authenticity, if there was one included.
- Enclose the original packing slip, and briefly explain to us the reason for the return, and whether you would like a refund or wish to exchange the item. Write the RMA on the packing slip
- Use the shipping address we provide you with, and write the RMA on the outside of your package.
- We recommend that you insure your package for the full value of the artwork. We will not take responsibility for any artwork which is received in damaged condition. We strongly recommend that you track and insure your item. Shipping charges will not be refunded to you, unless your artwork was either damaged or demonstrably defective when you received it from Art Project A.
Full refunds (not including shipping charges) will be issued if artwork is returned prepaid in its original condition within __ days; otherwise a re-stocking fee may be charged, or credit will be denied.
Occasionally certain pieces of artwork may be advertised on our site as “Free shipping” items as part of a promotion. When such an item is returned to us, the ACTUAL delivery costs will be taken into account and deducted from your credit when the refund for such item is processed.
Credit card orders will receive refunds in the form of a credit to their credit card.
If the original purchase was charged to another cardholder’s account (as in the case of a gift), the refund will be issued as a Gift Certificate. The refund will be issued in the form of an Art Project A Credit
If you need to cancel an order that you have placed, please call us as soon as possible. If it has not already shipped, we will probably be able to cancel your order. If a piece of art is on back-order or will take longer than usual for us to ship out, we will notify you within 24 hours, and give you the option to cancel or modify your order.
Once a piece of artwork has shipped, we cannot accept a cancellation, but you may return the piece to us, following the instructions provided above under STEPS TO FOLLOW WHEN YOU RETURN AN ITEM. However, you will be responsible for all shipping costs, including what you have already paid for through Art Project A to receive the item and the additional cost for shipping the returned item. In some cases the ACTUAL freight you pay to return the item to Art Project A may be higher than the freight we charged. (I’m not sure if this is what you meant, Claudia? I don’t think we can ask a client to pay MORE to ship the item to them than what we have already charged. But, of course, they will pay to ship it back.)
DAMAGED OR DEFECTIVE ITEMS:
Please inspect your order as soon as you receive it. If there is damage to the external packaging please take a picture of it, as well as a picture of the damage to the artwork and contact us immediately. Keep the original receipt and all original packing materials, and we will issue you instructions for returning the work to us. You will not be responsible for the return shipping charges. A refund will be issued to you once we have received and inspected the returned item. In some cases you may be able to request a replacement rather than a refund. We will inform you if there are more pieces available. In either event, the damaged item must be returned to Art Project A.
Artwork is not warrantied, as each piece of artwork is unique and most pieces are made by hand.
Art Project A makes every effort to ensure the quality of the work it sells, and is happy to offer advice on how to preserve the longevity of the art you purchase from us. Please refer to Caring for your Art.